While the weather may be cold, it's good for the ice and Brantwood Park has an amazing outdoor rink. Here are the hours of operation when the field house is open:
Monday 4:30 - 9:00
Tuesday 4:30 - 9:00
Wednesday 4:30 - 9:00
Thursday 4:30 - 9:00
Friday 4:30 - 9:00
Saturday 11:30 - 5:00
Sunday 11:30 - 5:00
Want to help continue to make Brantwood rink the best in Ottawa? Then the rink needs YOU!
If you or your children enjoy the rink please become a volunteer flooder.
• Brantwood rink is created and maintained by our neighbours.
• Our rink attendants are paid with a grant provided by the city.
• The rink is flooded daily by two people (weekdays @ 9pm, weekends @ 5pm).
• Each flooding takes about 1.5 hours.
• We have four teams of flooders so when you join a team you can expect to be asked to flood only three of four times in a typical season.
Why do other people volunteer as flooders?
• “I do not even skate, but it makes me feel so good seeing the kids playing on the rink.”
• “My kids love playing at the rink and I feel it is important to contribute to keeping the rink in good shape.”
• “Even though my kids have grown up and moved away I think the rink is one of the best things we have in this neighbourhood and flooding is an easy way to contribute.”
• “Being a "hoser" is an delightfully Canadian experience.”
• “I've enjoyed getting to know other neighbours who have volunteered as flooders.”
How to get involved?
Contact Cindy Courtemanche at 613-236-0294 or firstname.lastname@example.org